This workout program is not all about squats, or chasing an appearance based goal — these are smart, well rounded, and dynamic workouts that will have you looking, moving, and most importantly feeling great.
The workouts in this 4-week program primarily target the gluteus maximus, gluteus medius, and gluteus minimus, quads, hamstrings, and the smaller support muscles in your lower body — leading not only to stronger muscles, but also more effective muscle recruitment. In addition to building strength, you can also expect increased hip stability and overall endurance.
What to expect:
- Training styles: The main focus is strength training workouts, with a small amount of high intensity interval training (the kind of cardio that helps build muscle), Pilates and mobility work.
- Frequency: Workouts appear three days per week. Many people like to pair our lower body programs with our upper body program, FB Flex, which is also three days a week.
- Difficulty: This program features level 3 and level 4 workouts, but the intensity and difficulty can be adjusted based on the modifications you choose.
- Equipment: The only equipment you will need is dumbbells, but these workouts can still be effective with even just your own bodyweight. There are several days in which the workout options include a step or stair and/or resistance bands; in these instances, workouts that use only dumbbells are provided as an alternative.
- Daily Guides: Our programs typically have daily guides of varying lengths, but this time around, we are trying something new: to keep the focus on the workouts themselves, we've kept the readable content light. What do you think? We'd love to hear your thoughts.
Need a workout buddy? Find support and encouragement as you make your way through this program in the Fitness Blender Community forums.
Most importantly: have fun!