Posted in: Workouts / New Releases

New FB Plus Workout: 36-Min Bodyweight Cardio Interval Kickboxing – Part II

Good morning FB Family!

If you enjoyed Bodyweight Cardio Interval Kickboxing then you will enjoy the rollercoaster of heart rate elevations in this sequel: 

Bodyweight Cardio Interval Kickboxing – Part II

Like its predecessor, the three circuits in this sequel contain a short kickboxing combo, a kickboxing-inspired cardio exercise, and a kickboxing-inspired strength move. The range of movement tempos and energy demands within each circuit lends itself to an interval approach to training. Maintaining effort and movement during active recovery intervals and managing your breathing rate during the short recoveries between circuits will challenge you to break through mental and physical plateaus to achieve higher levels of performance. 

Make sure to read the write-up for tips on increasing the difficulty level of the workout, form pointers for your kicks and punches, and a few pre-workout activities that can help improve your form and performance during the workout. Remember to be patient with yourself if you aren’t familiar with kickboxing terminology or movement patterns! Kickboxing is a great total body cardiovascular workout with emphases on coordination, stabilization, agility, balance, and control (and even strength) - there are many variables to focus on as you improve your form, but you don’t necessarily have to focus on every aspect at once.

Right now, I’m prepping my whiteboards to film new workouts and enjoying the first week of workouts in FB Benchmark. I’ve planned lower and upper body companion workouts with a couple twists. I’ve also created an adorable core workout with a small piece of equipment that my clients and class participants used to hide from me because they thought it was “evil.” They were just being dramatic. I’ve also been eyeing up all the awesome workout releases! I might do a couple workout swaps as I complete FB Benchmark. I also might not. Either way, I know that these workouts of interest will be here waiting for me regardless of when I choose to complete them so there’s no rush! 

On another note, a few of you have mentioned Jonathan’s new friends in the Benchmark Workout for Total Body Strength and Conditioning video. I’m happy to report that they’re still alive! I’ve managed to remember to water them, give them sunlight, talk to them, and beat them in every burpee competition. But they need names. Any thoughts? 

I digress - back to this kickboxing workout. I hope you feel super powerful throwing your punches and kicks! This was definitely a slip-and-slide kind of workout for me. If you sweat buckets like me, beware your sweat puddles!

See you on the screen,

-Tasha