Posted in: Workouts / Workout Programs

FB Mass Complete (3rd time) - Some Observations

I finished Mass for the third time yesterday and I thought I’d give you some insight about my experiences because you might be considering doing Mass again or you might have had some doubts about whether this is the right programme for you.

I’ve already posted two reviews on FB Mass (see links below if you’re interested) so now I’m only pointing out some things I’ve noticed while doing the programme. Firstly, since I had more time (working remotely means no time-wasting commuting) and energy to work out longer, the individual routines scheduled in this programme seemed a bit short from time to time. However, if you lift heavier weights you can easily get round this problem. Of course, lifting heavier weights implies that you have a fairly large selection which might not be the case but this shouldn’t discourage you from giving this programme a go. Especially if Mass makes you realise that you really like strength training.

I liked the individual routines because they made me work hard and they left me sore and to be honest a maybe a bit more toned than I was. I can’t build muscles easily but no matter how critically I see myself, I can’t deny the fact that regular weight lifting leaves you with, well, muscles. (Emphasis on the word regular 🙂) I still belong to the ‘oh, you’re so thin, said with a slightly pained expression’ but I do see the results of hard work and that’s that.

I don’t normally like HIIT that much but ever since Daniel’s excellent explanation to a post by Silvia H about discouraging HIIT (really worth reading) if for some reason I’m not in form, I blame it on my red blood cells or mitochondria.

There’s only one little thing I didn’t like about some routines (this is not a criticism about the programme). When a plyo box is required and you don’t have one, you have to use your furniture. I don’t like that. My armchairs and sofa are old, too soft and unstable so they don’t serve well as a plyo box substitute. If you have the same problem, it can be easily remedied because you can always substitute the scheduled routine with another one.

FB Mass is definitely a programme I will return to from time to time. It makes me feel stronger than I really am and I like that feeling. 🙂

https://www.fitnessblender.com/community/discussion/10529/fb-mass-complete-a-not-so-short-review

https://www.fitnessblender.com/community/discussion/16576/fb-mass-complete-2nd-time-review