Posted in: FB Team / FB Team Posts

My workouts lately + sneak peak on January content

Hello Fitness Blender Family!

How are you all doing today? It’s been a long time since I’ve got to come here and chat about workouts with you all, and I’m happy to have the bandwidth for it.

This summer both Daniel and I took a long, not so healthy break from exercise and activity. Not only our structured, intentional workouts, but even our walks stopped for a while. By this point I had my whole veggie garden up and running but I didn’t even spend a lot of time out there this year. It did turn out really beautiful anyways (I’ll share some pictures at another time, if you’re interested). I was just sad and didn’t have the motivation. Strong emotions or stress can definitely cross over and impact physical health - and just about everything else. 

We both needed to really dig in and jumpstart our healthy habits again. I felt really actively aware of, and grateful for my mindset. As most of us are familiar with, it can feel so discouraging to feel like you’re starting over again. But I decided to practice what we preach and looked at it as a challenge. Just another bump in the road, an opportunity to return to basics and maybe build back even better.

So about 3 months ago, I started focusing heavily on the basics - mostly level ⅖ difficulty workouts; light Pilates, mobility, low impact moves focused on range of motion, balance work, etc. Then I started to add in light lifting, focusing on end of range motion to help support my hypermobility, and slightly higher impact cardio. Then I started to tackle a succession of our 5-10 day challenges here onsite and oh my gosh have I enjoyed it. I did them in a relatively haphazard order but here’s what I’ve tackled so far; Kayla’s Move Better Challenge, Brian’s Stronger Challenge, and Erica’s 10 Day Transform Challenge. I’ve also been enjoying Kayla’s Pistol Squat Series - which has me halfway there! I can do controlled negatives, now I just need to build the additional strength to get back up haha. I’ve also had Erica’s Stretching for the Splits video in rotation and now I can do the splits. This 18 minute Quick Cardio or HIIT Circuit with Tasha became my go-to excuse buster when I was feeilng unmotivated. Today I’ll be doing Day 4 of Tasha’s Faster Challenge, which has been really tough but also very modifiable - I’m loving it. I'm looking forward to Nicole’s Foundations Challenge next. I’ve really enjoyed the short term, follow along trainer series challenges. It’s really motivating to be able to achieve/finish something in such approachable, bite sized lengths. 

Now I’m feeling good. My consistency has not been this solid for years. I feel stronger than I have in a long time & right now (at 40 years old!) I can move in ways I’ve never been able to before. I’ve started craving my workouts again - I had lost that feeling and it felt weird/sad. I know it’s ironic but work has always made it difficult for me to consistently stick to my personal workout routine. Think excuses in the form of “no, I can’t workout today because I’m going to film tomorrow or the next day”...and then something comes up and I don’t film, but I’m too busy to workout, and the procrastination/analysis paralysis grows stronger and the workout break gets longer…and repeat. Not anymore. I’m happy to share that Daniel has been working out right next to me these last few months, and he’s feeling a similar way - I’m sure he’ll drop in here soon to say hi. 

Have you tried any of our Trainer Series 5-10 day challenges yet? If so, do you have a favorite, or any ideas as to what you would like to see next? Let us know! While we’re on the subject, I’ve got the privilege of sharing some new content themes dropping in January - I personally cannot wait for these!

NEW Challenges coming in January 2024:

Free: Fitness Blender's Free 2 Week Challenge: Strength Training, Cardio and Mobility Workouts for a Strong Body and Mind

And FOUR new 5 Day Challenges in January with FB Plus:
Advanced Total Body Strength + secondary focus on Cardio/HIIT with Tasha
Beginner Total Body Strength + secondary focus on low impact Cardio/HIIT with Erica
Advanced Split Training with Brian (stackable on Tasha's Advanced Total Body Strength)
Barre Basics for Beginners with Erica

Which of these are you most excited about?

Heads up, FB Plus is still on sale right now, making this a great time to jump in and get all-access to everything FB has to offer, including 600+ exclusive workout videos and 76 unique programs and challenges. If you want zero commitment at all, you can try Plus in increments as short as one day with a Plus Pass (also on sale). FB Plus and word of mouth is what allows us to continue to create free content so if you like what we're doing, please consider sharing our work with a friend.

Be ready for Fitness Blender in 2024 because we are ready for you! We’ve been planning for months and we intend to make it very easy for you to keep healthy and moving, with a little (or a lot) of something for everyone.

Today I’ve got some work to do and then I’ll be spending some time with Tasha for Day 4 of her Challenge - excited to be picking up the weights. Are you working out today? I hope you’re moving well & taking care of yourself. Thanks for reading my ramble!