Posted in: Workouts / New Releases

New FB Plus Workout: Kettlebell Cardio and Strength

Mornin’, Fitness Blender family!

Today is a great day to swing a kettlebell, so be sure to carve out time for our newest release: 

Kettlebell Cardio and Strength: Fast-Paced Circuits With Compound Moves

I love when a workout checks off more than one box. For this routine, prepare to check off several boxes: cardio, strength training, core, and coordination! Not bad for 30 minutes of your time, right?

Kettlebells are such an effective training style for the reason we listed above. It targets your strength and cardiovascular systems while requiring just the right amount of focus to coordinate compound movements. Add in some AMRAP and EMOM circuits, and we’ve got ourselves a serious workout! I made some Workout Notes based upon my practice and filming experience - please check those out before you begin. 

We love kettlebell workouts so much that we’ve even created a 2-week Challenge that showcases the most effective way to structure these types of routines. Be aware that kettlebell training requires a fair amount of mobility, so spending some time on your hip, shoulder, and ankle mobility is recommended. 

If I’m being honest, kettlebell training used to wreck my back due to poor technique and core strength. I discovered that I wasn’t bracing correctly during fundamental moves, like windmills or Turkish get-ups, which led to severe low back spasms after completing a workout. If this sounds familiar, check out Nicole’s excellent tutorial on swings and catches. 

Looking forward to creating more workouts that combine cardio, strength, and mobility into one package. While editing the video, I noticed a few mistakes in my cues during the second strength circuit after the water break. I corrected the errors using on-screen text but couldn’t help but giggle during the process. My brain was clearly not working during the roll up to side plank move! 

As always, thanks for sticking with me through the process. See you on the side of the screen!

- Kayla