Posted in: Workouts / New Releases

New FB Plus Workout: Postpartum Core and Pelvic Floor Recovery Series - Level 2

Happy Friday FB Fam!

I’m here to announce the release of level 2 in our postpartum core and pelvic floor recovery series. If you’ve completed Level 1 a few times, you’re likely ready to build on what you’ve started:

Postpartum Core and Pelvic Floor Recovery Series - Level 2

This routine follows the same format as Level 1: breathing/activation series, exercise series, and gentle stretch. However, this time, we lengthen the exercise series to add plenty of new variations and progressions. I really like the variety of exercises in this routine and think it’ll be very much welcomed for those of you who’ve practiced level 1 several times.

A few prerequisites to this routine: 

1. Be sure you are comfortable and confident with the movements and breathing techniques introduced in Level 1
  2. Be sure there is no core coning/doming or pelvic pain/pressure/heaviness present with level 1 exercises.

Since we didn’t cover it in the level 1 write-up, I included some major reasons WHY core recovery work is so important (hint hint: we dive into the reality of what happens to these areas of your body in pregnancy and childbirth). It’s pretty fascinating, so be sure to check out the write-up.

The truth is, many moms are given permission to return to exercise before their body is ready for all that stress (myself included). This is the cause for many injuries that could be avoided. Doing this healing work (and any additional physical therapy, if necessary) will be incredibly foundational for getting back to exercise safely and confidently.

If you’re following this series, please let me know how Level 1 is going for you and how the transition back to exercise is going! As always, I'm here for any questions or support you need.

Nicole