Posted in: Workouts / New Releases

New Plus Workout: Lower Body Strength & HIIT – Strength Sets + HIIT Cardio Burst

Good morning FB Family,

I’ve got a new workout for you this morning - this is a fun, sweaty routine:

47 Minute Lower Body Strength & HIIT Workout – Strength Sets with HIIT Cardio Burst

This workout includes your warm up, a short burst of HIIT cardio, a thorough lower body strength workout, and cool down and stretch.

I enjoy this style of strength training because it provides the opportunity for pure strength-focused heavy-lifting, as well as strength sets that isolate one side and simultaneously challenge strength, bodily control, coordination and balance. The short burst of HIIT helps further engage the lower body muscles, as well as step up the sweat factor, and the challenge on the cardiovascular system. This workout uses dumbbells and an optional step or bench, but it’s easy to make modifications if you don’t have a step/bench, and even with only bodyweight (no dumbbells), this is still a great workout.

Exciting news: This Sunday, March 6, we’re publishing a new 4 Week Plus Program - for the first time in FB history, this is a workout program that uses ALL exclusive workout videos. Each day you’ll get to choose between two workout video options; one will be around 35 minutes, and the other will be around 45 minutes. It’s essentially two programs rolled in one; FB30 and FB Fit. If you have an active FB Plus account or a Plus pass, it will automatically be waiting for you under the “My Programs” page on Sunday at 8am PST. PS: A Plus Pass is a new way to access FB Plus content & features that’s launching later this morning, along with a sale - don’t miss it! Update: Plus Workout Program & Challenge Sale and Plus Passes are now live 

Another exciting piece of news: this is Fitness Blender’s 800th workout video - a whopping 628 of them, are free workout videos. That number is hard for me to even wrap my head around. For me it definitely ends up being a reminder that doing consistent work over long periods of time can add up to something that may have seemed completely impossible or insurmountable when viewed from the original starting point. A reminder to do what I can each day, because the effort adds up. Do you know how many of the 800 you've done? If you've got a Plus account, check "Complete" or "Not Complete" on the workout video filters and it will tell you how many of the 800 you've done yourself!

If you enjoy this workout and want to see more like it, let me know! We’re always open to new ideas for what to film next, so if there’s a new workout you would like to see created, let us know. One of the things that I love about working on Fitness Blender is that even after over 11 years, we still have so many ideas that we want to explore and share with our audience. Thank you for being willing to share your feedback, requests, and suggestions on how we can make FB better.

I hope you are taking good care of yourselves and that you have a good day.

Thank you for working out with us,

Kelli