Posted in: Workouts / Workout Programs

FB Strong Round 2 Complete!

Started January 31; completed February 26.

So this was the much awaited, much anticipated follow-up to the first round of Strong released some years back. Strong 1 was also the very first Fitness Blender program I completed two years ago, and I loved it.

My feels about the second round are a little more mixed.

There is a little bit more HIIT in this round: eight workouts feature it; however, the maximum one may complete is seven (on day 8 there are two HIIT options to choose from). The minimum you'd complete would be five -- one more than the first round of Strong. Along with some days offering two options for a main workout, the first day offers two extra credit options. There are 11 extra credits available in total. (I did only a few of them.)

There are also a small handful of workouts that appear in both rounds. However, a couple of them give you alternatives for those particular days.

While I liked this second iteration of Strong, I'm not as in love with it as I was the first round. I think it's because of the slight increase in HIIT, which isn't something I'm into very much. OTOH, I loved the appearance of a kettlebell workout this time! I also preferred the total body week in this round over the one in the first.

8.5/10

(My review of the first round of Strong - https://www.fitnessblender.com/community/discussion/17044/fb-strong-complete)