Posted in: Workouts / Workout Programs

FB Strong Complete!

On January 6, I started FB Strong. Today, I completed it.

This is also my first #ProgramComplete.

When I switched to (mostly) Fitness Blender in March 2018 I chose the workouts I wanted to do each day, eventually using the five-day challenges as a guideline for scheduling. I would look at the programs here and there but didn't buy any for some time.

And then, in last November's Cyber Weekend sale, I finally took the plunge. I bought this one and XT. I decided I would do Strong this month. (I'm saving XT for later this year.)

When I previewed it I was delighted to see a number of my favourite workouts were in it, which got me even more excited about it.

I didn't take before-and-after pictures or measurements. I didn't go into it with a specific goal other than to finish. Anything else was a bonus, in my book. A bonus was hitting some personal upper body bests on Day 23 (upper body ascending strength/descending reps).

And yes, Strong is mostly lifting. There are only four HIIT routines in the entire program (two in the second week, one each in the third and fourth weeks), and the HIIT can be easily modified if you want to focus on the lifting and/or protect your joints. But just because there's little HIIT in the program doesn't mean you won't sweat. I did! A number of times! If you lift heavy enough to challenge yourself it can feel like cardio.

Having self-scheduled for so long, it was a switch-up for me to follow a program. The upside of this is all the guesswork is taken away from you; K&D have curated your workouts for each week. The trade-off is if you're used to doing new workouts when/shortly after they come off, you'll have to either wait or reschedule program days. The way the calendar works now, you can't switch program days, either, if you wanted to.

On the other hand, when you self-schedule, you choose what you want to do each day. The trade-off there is you may not add in the variation that you may need.

Anyhoo, this was a bit of a ramble, Suffice it to say, I really enjoyed doing Strong, will very likely do it again. 10/10 would recommend.