Posted in: Workouts / New Releases

Ballet-Inspired Lower Body Strength

Hi FB Family!

I hope you are having a great day, and this post finds you healthy and ready for some movement. Today we have my latest lower body workout with a ballet flare!

Ballet-Inspired Lower Body Strength

I wanted to make this routine to re-live my years, albeit many ago, as a dancer. I also wanted to re-ignite my creativity by working out in a different, lower-impact, and minimal equipment way. This workout is meant to challenge your brain and body differently by combining ballet with traditional strength training exercises. It is also intended to be fun!

I have to admit that I felt clumsy and not so graceful with a few of these exercises. It has been a minute since I have pliéd and relevéd, lol. Usually, my clumsiness aggravates me because I am competitive and a perfectionist. However, I decided that in 2022, I would try not to be so hard on myself. Stop taking myself so seriously, and have more fun. Is it easy? No. But I am working at it a little bit each day.

If you like ballet or are interested in trying other ballet-inspired workouts, here are some recommendations:

Thanks for working out with me! What types of routines would you like to see next?

-Amanda