Posted in: Workouts / New Releases

New FB Plus Workout: 22-Min Cobweb Shakeout Bodyweight Strength Routine

Good morning FB Family!

I am so excited to finally be moving and filming again! Today’s workout release was one of my first workouts after recovering from that gnarly sinus infection I mentioned a couple of weeks ago. If you’re returning to physical activity from an illness or injury, then this workout is a great option for you as well:

Cobweb Shakeout Bodyweight Strength Routine

This no-equipment routine is a great option for those looking to kickstart their fitness journeys again after a break from movement. The goal of this workout is to provide your muscles and mind with a gentle reintroduction to exercise to reduce the chances of injury, relapse, or feelings of overwhelm. The straightforward nature of the workout allows you to make it your own. Quicken your tempo or increase the range of motion of any exercise to increase the difficulty (and vice versa if you need to take it down a notch). Make sure to read the write-up for a couple other uses for this workout as well as a few examples of why slowly reintroducing movement after a break is beneficial to movement longevity.

I am beyond happy to finally be moving again but took my time resuming my training regimen. I also made several adjustments to the intensity and duration of my workouts – I’m focusing on safely rebuilding my stamina and strength. I’ve got my eye on Amanda’s Full-Body Feel Good Pilates workout, because the routine is easily modifiable to my current workout needs and addresses some of the core strength I’ve lost from sitting all day (which was necessary for healing). Plus, the title says that I will “feel good” so it’s no-brainer for me. By the end of the week, I want to try Marina’s Restorative Yoga for Lower Back and Hips routine. I’m super stoked about her addition to the FB team! Back in the day (way way back), I used to do at least four yoga flows a week. In addition to feeling super strong and capable, I felt mentally grounded. I’m looking forward to including yoga in my current training regimen for both the physical and mental challenge!

Enjoy the lack of bear crawls, hollow man holds, and burpees in this workout. I know you’ll miss them dearly so have no fear, they shall return in the future (not joking, I just typed the word “burpee” in the workout I’m planning).

See you on the screen!

-Tasha