Posted in: Workouts / New Releases

New FB Plus Workout: Shoulder and Neck Stability Routine

Hi FB Family!

We have received many requests for shoulder strength and stability routines, and this routine certainly delivers!

Shoulder and Neck Stability Routine

Not only are we targeting the shoulders, but we are also targeting the neck and shoulder blades for foundational upper body strength and stability. But wait, there's more. We have an endurance component in this routine as well.

This routine is a little deceiving because it is slow-paced and uses a light resistance band, but don't let that fool you (insert devilish laugh here). Much like the Lower Body Motor Control workout, we move with intention, focus, and control.

These exercises were always my go-to's for my patients when I worked in a PT clinic full-time. My career has since transitioned, requiring me to sit at a desk most of the time. That said, these exercises are now my personal go-to's. Believe it or not, sitting can be very hard on your body, so I use these exercises to help protect my body from the stresses of sitting. I also really like how they make me feel afterward: taller, stronger, and physically stable.

I like these exercises so much because you can do them almost anywhere. I use a ball, but you don't have to. Instead of sitting on a ball, you can sit in a chair or stand. Instead of lying on the ball, you can lie on the floor with a towel rolled under your forehead.

Maybe try them both ways and see which you prefer? Either way, you are doing something your upper body will appreciate.

Thanks for working out with me!

-Amanda