Posted in: Workouts / Workout Programs

FB Abs (Round 1) Complete!

April 5 - today!

So this is the first Abs program Fitness Blender released. I wanted to do this one after doing Round 2 back in October and see how they compared for myself.

Similarities: You're doing dedicated core workouts three days a week, and your core muscles will still be working in a supporting role the other two days. There are several extra credits available (eleven in this program; I did four of them). Some workouts involve HIIT (eight, one of which is repeated; there is also one available as an extra credit).

Differences: Round 1 is a little more cardio intensive; Round 2 leans more toward strength training. Day 1 of this program offers an intermediate alternative to the main workout.

I did encounter a handful of workouts I'd never done before, and tagged some of the extra credits I didn't do "to do" so I can come back to them later. So that was great.

I found that on some of the days I was missing upper body strength, so I can see why and how come a handful of people combine this with Flex.

So not a bad program by any means, but I don't think I like it as much as I did Round 2.

7/10.

[My review of Abs Round 2 is here - https://www.fitnessblender.com/community/discussion/22880/fb-abs-round-2-complete]