T
Posted in: Workouts / Workout Programs

Working out despite wrist issues

Hey everyone

I'm looking for recommendations for workout that can easily be modified for people with wrist issues – and preferrably not only Pilates and lower-body workouts. Because I'm getting bored :(.

So... a little backstory

Ever since the first lockdown back in March of 2020, I've been dilligently working out with FB videos... and I love it.

Unfortunately, some wrist issues that had been under control for almost four years resurfaced last month. I'm going to PT, have to take some anti-inflammatory medicine etc. But according to my physiotherapist (and doctor), I'm encouraged to still work out but (and I quote here) "to take care of my wrist at the same time".

So everything with dumbbells or anything where I have to be on my hands (e.g. walkdowns) are out of the question. And I probably have to stick to low impact because the jumping makes the pain worse.

The past couple of days, I've only done Pilates and today I did a modified version of this workout (https://www.fitnessblender.com/videos/bored-easily-bodyweight-cardio-workout-lower-body-core-cardio-with-low-impact-mods). But to be honest, I'm getting kinda bored. Simply lower body stuff and almost no intensity for a long time does not "satisfy" me anymore.

And – this is the worst part – I'm so afraid of losing a lot of upper-body strength that I worked so hard for over the past months.

Does anyone have good recommendations? I have of course looked at several videos already but I'm a little lost right now. Maybe there are other people here who deal with similar issues and have a stack of videos in mind.