Challenging Myself : WO4 "Recover" (+ rambling on stuff)

Hi everyone ! Hope you're all doing well.

Today's been a "roller coaster" day, to say the least (like it seems for other people too, from what I read). But, first off, the workout ! Yesterday, I read the thread by Christmene S. about voiceover workouts. Coincidently, today's workout featured only this kind of videos. I remember doing these in the early days of my fitness journey, shortly after discovering K&D by luck and feeling humiliated by a cardio workout that was way too hard for my fitness level by then (was so out of shape sitting all day long for years). I'm speaking of a time young blenders never knew, when Fitness Blender hadn't cross the million subscribers cap yet, when we didn't know how Kelli's voice sounded, when there wasn't a FB site and programs were only PDF files. Old me talking, sorry ! But such an accomplishment, such a well deserved success for them ! They really changed my life for the better, and I mean it. So let's pay a tribute to these old days, time to go old school for a recovery day. Nostalgia !

Today's song : Just Older by Bon Jovi (not the song I chose when I put together this challenge, but suits the workout :D)

Main : https://www.fitnessblender.com/videos/standing-abdominal-workout-34-minute-cardio-and-core

https://www.fitnessblender.com/videos/quick-and-simple-toning-and-cardio-boot-camp

CD : https://www.fitnessblender.com/videos/quick-cool-down-stretching-workout-routine

Today's workout was an easy one. The aim wasn't to push too hard, just to get moving, breathe and just feel a bit better with myself. Tomorrow I will push way harder. Today was all about feeling comfortable with my body and the way it moved. Nonetheless, my lower back hurts a bit. 7 months without working out and barely walking left me with a weaker lower body and my lower back need some work. It will get stronger in time.

As I worked out at about 10 PM, I chose to stick to a low impact version of the cardio video, just moving fast. My neighbours are quite old (turning 70 next year). They deserve a quiet evening without someone jumping on their heads. :D

Overall

It's been a strange day. I woke up at 2:30 AM and wasn't able to sleep after that. Went to the doctor's office. Bad news is, as I feared, my vision got worse. Particularly my left eye is more damaged, and it's a curse because it has been my strongest eye since I got a retinopathy that left me disabled, with a very low sight and a narrowed field of vision. Good news is it's not a repeat of what happened over 10 years ago, it's just linked to the surgeries I had about 9 years ago, that's very common and... It can be fixed and It should improve my sight in great manner. So that's a relief. I stayed for about 2 hours at the hospital and had to fight the anxiety trying to take contol.

Of course, with the pressure off my shoulder, I finally fell asleep during the afternoon. I tried to visit a friend and have some tea to prevent this so I don't wake up in the evening, but she wasn't there so I went to bed. That explains the late workout :) To tell the truth, at first, I didn't want to work out but I forced myself to move. Glad I did, I'm feeling good right now.

It's past midnight, I haven't eat since lunch. I'm going to cook something, even if it's a bit late. Like I said once here before, life's a roller coaster ; the ups and downs will make you scream sometimes, but the ride's worth it all !

Thanks for reading all about this one day in my silly life. As always, feel free to comment whatever you would like to say to me, to the world, to anyone.

Have a good day/night !

Edited