Posted in: Workouts / Workout Programs

Fit R2 complete - Review and results

Last weekend I marked my program complete after starting Fit Round 2 end of June. I've started working out regularly with FB in May of this year and Fit is the second program I've completed.

So I'm proud of myself but I also have some mixed feelings about my PFT results as they only show improvements in some parts of the test. But before I come to my results (that might be a little mixed but are still existent) I want to give a little review of the program.

I needed 10 weeks to complete the program. Sometimes I needed extra rest days due to sore muscles, sometimes I didn't manage to make time for the long workouts that come with fit. So rescheduling was essential for me to successfully complete fit. I often read that Fit is the most demanding program of FB. I can definitely confirm that. It's though. Still it's absolutely in line with the FB philosophy which means it's easy to modify to meet individual needs. You should although know in advance what your needs are. A lot of workouts don't provide low impact modifications. So it was good I already had experience in how to modify certain exercises. Although the program is 8 weeks it didn't feel repetitive at all. Each week was a little bit different and it incorporated a lot of different training styles and exercises to mix things up. I especially liked the versatility of the strength routines (sometimes pure strength, sometimes mixed with cardio, sometimes total body, sometimes isolated moves, etc.).

Fit comes with two 1000 cal workouts. The toughest workout for me though was another one. It came in week 4. A 50 minutes long HIIT workout with Daniel. That one: https://www.fitnessblender.com/videos/brutal-hiit-workout-bodyweight-only-hiit-workout-to-burn-fat-and-build-endurance

This routine definitely was the toughest I've ever done and I really had to work smart to make it to the end. I felt like things got a bit easier after that. Not sure if my impression is accurate but I felt like in the second half of the program the workouts were often shorter than in the first weeks (meaning less than 50 minutes). I kind of needed that because it motivated me to make it through.

I basically never did any extra credits. Sometimes I didn't see the point in doing them because they came with similar or even the same exercises than the main workout. Sometimes it was absolutely clear that I'm not able to add them fitness wise. Sometimes I just felt like 60 min of the main workout is enough I don't need to add anything to that.

I still consider myself still a beginner when it comes to fitness. I am a bit overweight and never established a habit of working out before. So I wanted to do Fit to challenge myself - and it worked. I love to redo it maybe next year to get that extra push again but I wouldn't want to train at that intensity and especially length all year long.

So right no I'm doing the Feel that Pulse community challenge that Chocolena put together in July. It sounded like so much fun but I didn't want to interrupt the fit program back then. After that I have Abs 2 scheduled to prepare me to an impactful round of strong. So I guessed I got my year covered :D

Moving on to results. First of all: I still can't believe that doing sports and working out became my hobby in the last months. I never considered myself a sporty person and now I enjoy working out. That's definitely the biggest impact and the best result FB has brought me so far.

Besides that I saw changes in body weight and body shape. Here are some plain numbers:

Body weight: from 74 to 70 kg

Waist: From 79 to 75 cm

Butt: From 112 to 108 cm

Thighs: from 64,5 to 62 cm

And my PFT results

- 1 Mile run: 10:32 (June), 11:09 (Now)

- Plank: 0:55 (june), 1:14 (now)

- Squats (with 2,5 kg in each hand): 31 (June), 100 (now)

- Push-Ups: 11 half (June), 2 Full and 10 half (now)

- Sit and reach: +3cm (June), +5cm (now)

So these results really leave me with mixed feelings. Apparently my lower body strength improved a lot. But I'm really bummed that I was slower running that mile than two months ago. I did feel a bit less exhausted afterwards than in June but still I was really bummed. Also my upper body strength or at least my ability to do push-Ups didn't improve at all. So I guess there's still a lot of room for improvement.

So I'd love to hear how you felt about the program. Or any other comments and words of wisdom. I know the FB community has a lot of them