Posted in: Workouts / Workout Programs

FB XT Complete!

I started this on May 4 (more accurately, May 6, which was the day I did the first actual workout in it), and today I finished it. I didn't do the PFT at the beginning and won't be doing it on Friday (the actual last day for me). (Also: no before-and-after pictures or measurements.)

This was the second program I purchased during the Cyber Weekend sale last November (the first was Strong, which I completed in January).

I opted to do XT during May and June as a sort of breather from working out five days/week. XT is three days/week, meant for either maintenance mode or to complement whatever you want to add on to the off days. For me, there were a couple of days I went for a bike ride, and there were a number of days I did some yoga because I needed the extra stretching. I also had some complete off days, and I'm okay with that, because I didn't want to put pressure on myself to be doing something every weekday.

Most weeks involve one lower body workout, one upper body workout, and one core workout.

There are twelve HIIT routines in the program, and you'll be doing at least one (and often two) a week. There is also a decent amount of strength training so if you're concerned about losing any gains, don't be. A number of the strength workouts are combined with HIIT (particularly lower body and core routines) or cardio (mostly the upper body workouts), I thought it was pretty balanced.

XT included a few workouts I'd not done before and probably would never have considered doing had it not been for this program, which is great. I found at least one new fave.

I'm going to point to Lea's review so you can have the point of view of someone who is even more active than I am (https://www.fitnessblender.com/community/discussion/10282/fb-xt-complete-and-bournemouth-ploggers-at-it-again).

As for me. I didn't completely love XT, though I don't regret doing it and wouldn't say I hate it, either. 6/10, probably.