- Duration: 16 Minutes
- Calorie Burn: 84-141
- Difficulty: 3/5
- Equipment: Dumbbell
- Training Type: Low Impact, Strength Training, Toning
Quick & efficient, this workout includes everything you need for a thorough upper body strength routine, and absolutely nothing that you don't. In under 20 minutes, you will have targeted your biceps, triceps, shoulders, upper back, latissimus dorsi, pectoralis, deltoids & rotator cuffs.
For best results, make sure to lift as heavily as you can control. Form is always the first priority, but beyond that you will want to focus on really pushing yourself and making sure that the last 2-3 reps are very difficult to complete (in this case, that would be repetitions 8-10).
The only thing you need for this workout is a set of dumbbells and an optional bench - a bench is ideal for a lot of the upper body exercises shown in this video, but we have demonstrated how you can modify and do them on the floor if you don't have access to a bench or something similar (a physioball works as well, for example).
Upper body supersets for strength, increased muscle tone, and muscle mass. There is no warm up or cool down in this particular video; make sure to do one of each before and after you finish this routine.
- 6 Strength exercises in an ABAB format
- 2 Sets of each exercise
- 10 Reps Each
- Calories Burned: 84-142
Suggested Warm Ups:
- Calorie Burning Cardio Warm Up - Total Body Warm Up Workout
- Total Body Warm Up Cardio - 5 Minute Warm Up Workout
Suggested Cool Downs:
- Upper Body Active Stretch Workout - Arms, Shoulder, Chest, and Back Stretching Exercises
- Quick Yoga Cool Down and Stretch - Cool Down Stretches
Printable Upper Body Workout