- Duration: 37 Minutes
- Calorie Burn: 221-405
- Difficulty: 4/5
- Equipment: Dumbbell, No Equipment
- Training Type: Cardiovascular, HIIT, Strength Training, Toning
- Video Player: View on YouTube
Here we are at day 5, the last day in our workout challenge which means that you are probably getting a bit tired and most likely have some sore muscles to contend with. But as you go through today's workout keep reminding yourself that today is the last day you have to burn as many calories as you can and tax those muscles as much as you can. Be sure to push you way through this at the highest level of effort that your body can handle and earn your day off tomorrow.
There two main portions of this workout today. The first is a HIIT routine that can be a killer if you do all of the harder versions or you can opt for the easier modifications and be a bit nicer to yourself. Either way it will burn plenty of calories and leave you sweaty and tired. The second section is a lower body focused strength routine that is best done with extra weight but can also be done with just body weight as long as you work against yourself. If you plan on using weight just remember that you want to pick a weight for each exercise that will leave you struggling to finish the last couple repetitions of each set. After your last strength exercise we move in to an easy cool down and stretch that marks the end of this days routine and the end of this 5 Day Workout Challenge.
Length: 37 Minutes
Strategy: HIIT and Lower Body Strength
Equipment: Optional dumbbells (or any other kind of weight)
Calories Burned: 221 - 405
Routine: In today's workout we start off with a quick warm up of 8 exercises done for 30 seconds each, then follow that up with an intense but fast HIIT routine. The HIIT routine is done in a tabata style of 20 seconds of activity with 10 seconds of rest three times through per exercise before moving to the next for a total of 5 exercises. After a short water break we move on to our lower body strength routine that consists of 4 groups of 2 exercises that is done in an alternating ABAB pattern. Once you have two set of 8 repetitions done for each exercise you move on the the next group. Once the strength portion is done we move on to a relaxing free form cool down stretch.
You should feel proud of yourself for completing this challenge and hopefully you also feel more empowered and strong. Remember that this is not a stopping point but just a rest break. Take the next day or two off to let your muscles heal up and be thinking of what you wand to do next. You can do this 5 Day W0rkout Challenge again or start searching our video library and come up with your own program. If you don't want to have to think about what workout routine to do next then we suggest trying one of our eBook Programs that outline exactly what you need to do when.
Warm Up Cardio
- Boxer Shuffle
- Walking Jacks
- High Knee Pulls
- Down Dog to Back Bow
- Lateral Step + Toe Touch
- Alternating Lunges
- Squat + Knee Pull
- Oblique Twists
HIIT 20 On 10 Off x 3
- Squat Jumps
- Mt Climber Get Ups
- Star Jumps
- Squatted Side Steps
- Reverse Lunge Jumps
Strength for the Lower Body
- Ski Squats - Kelli is using 30 lbs, or 13.6 kg, total
- Deadlifts - Kelli is using 48 lbs, or 21.8 kg, total
- Traditional Squats - Kelli is using 30 lbs, or 13.6 kg, total
- Deadlifts, Toes pointed inward - Kelli is using 48 lbs, or 21.8 kg, total
- Sumo Squats - Kelli is using 30 lbs, or 13.6 kg, total
- Deadlifts, Toes pointed outwards - Kelli is using 48 lbs, or 21.8 kg, total
- Curtsy Lunges - Kelli is using 24 lbs, 0r 10.9 kg, total
- Side Lunges, Alternating - Kelli is using 24 lbs, 0r 10.9 kg, total
Cool Down and Stretch
You can find the rest of the program below:
- 5 Day Workout Program to Burn Fat & Build Lean Muscle: Day 1/5
- 5 Day Workout Program to Burn Fat & Build Lean Muscle: Day 2/5
- 5 Day Workout Program to Burn Fat & Build Lean Muscle: Day 3/5
- 5 Day Workout Program to Burn Fat & Build Lean Muscle: Day 4/5
- Currently on Day 5
Can I repeat this challenge for more than one week? How often should I switch up my routine?
In order to keep brain and body from growing bored, it's important to switch up your routine relatively often. You can do this 5 day plan 2-3 times in a row, but for a more diverse & longer term use, we strongly recommend considering our 8 Week Fat Loss Programs for the fastest, safest results possible.