225 to 438
Dumbbell, No Equipment
Cardiovascular, Strength Training, Toning
On Day 2 of the Fitness Blender 5 Day Workout Challenge we will be focusing on the upper body with a bit of total body cardio to burn some extra calories as well as loosen up those probably stiff and sore legs you have from Day 1 of the Challenge.
We will be starting out with a warm up to help get the blood flowing and the joints moving to their full range of motion. Be sure to do this warm up as working out cold can increase your chances of injury. Once our core temperature is up we will begin our upper body strength routine. This strength routine will also be interlaced with cardio sections to keep your heart rate up and to burn more calories; not to mention keep the routine a bit more interesting.
Length: 44 Minutes
Strategy: Upper Body Strength and Cardio Blend
Equipment: Optional dumbbells (or any other kind of weight)
Calories Burned: 225-438
Routine: Groups of strength and cardio exercises will be done in an ABA format; one superset of upper body strength, followed by a cardio interval, then return to the strength group for a second set before moving onto the next group. We will be doing ten repetitions for each upper body strength training exercise; each cardio interval is 40 seconds long, with 15 sec jog/boxer shuffle in-between each exercise. Both warm up & cool down are included.
How to use this workout
- For purely mass building: Do 5-7 reps in the time it takes me to do 10, with a weight that makes the last couple of reps very difficult to complete.
- For strength/lean muscle building/toning: follow along with me as shown in the video, choosing a weight that makes it very hard to finish reps 8-10.
Warm Up: (4 min)
- Boxer Shuffle
- Torso Circles
- Arm Circles
- Toe Touch Swing
- Squatted Push Pulls
- Alternating Lunge w/ Rotation
- Walk Down
- Butt Kickers
Upper Body Strength and Cardio:
- Chest Fly; Kelli is lifting 36 lbs total, Daniel is lifting 50 lbs
- Reverse Fly; Kelli is lifting 12 lbs total; Daniel is lifting 20 lbs total
- Fly Jack
- High Knee Pause
- Arnold Press; Kelli is lifting 24 lbs total; Daniel is lifting 30 lbs
- DB Pull Over; Kelli is lifting 12 lbs total; Daniel is lifting 30 lbs
- Front Jack
- Flutter Kick Squat
- Bicep Curl; Kelli is lifting 30 lbs total; Daniel is lifting 40 lbs
- Overhead Tricep Extension; Kelli is lifting 12 lbs total; Daniel is lifting 15 lbs
- Jumping Jack
- Walk Down
- Ventral Raise; Kelli is lifting 6 lbs total; Daniel is lifting 20 lbs
- Bent Over Dorsal Raise; Kelli is lifting 12 lbs total; Daniel is lifting 20 lbs
- Ventral Jack
- Butt Kickers
Burn Out Round:
- Push Up
- Supine Push Up
Cool Down & Stretch
Find the rest of the program here:
Help us create more free workout video challenges!
If you want to see more workout video challenges, we only ask that you help us continue to make free workout videos by sharing Fitness Blender & this challenge with everyone you know - via word of mouth, maybe a Facebook page, website or blog - whatever it takes. You can also support us in creating more free content by purchasing one of our 8 Week Fat Loss Programs (similar to but much more thorough than this free 5 day plan) or our 4 Week Meal Plans.