After we put up our last 5 day challenge “Fitness Blender's 5 Day Workout Challenge to Burn Fat & Build Lean Muscle” we got a lot of requests for not only more of them but also one that was geared for those with not a lot of time on their hands. We listened to your requests and have put together our newest challenge, “Fitness Blender’s 5 Day Workout Challenge for Busy People”. In this workout challenge we have modified the workouts to make them maximally effective while keeping to a 30 minute or less time limit. Like in our last challenge both of us will be in each video and we will be showing intermediate to advanced modifications so very few people will not be able to find a version of this challenge that works for them.
To do this workout it is highly recommended that you have a set of dumbbells to choose from however, if you don’t have access to any equipment don’t worry, you can easily modify the exercises to use some other weighted object. In fact, you can even just use no equipment at all and still get in a great workout.
- Length: 30 Minutes
- Strategy: HIIT and lower body strength training for the butt and thighs
- Equipment: Optional dumbbells (we use & love PowerBlock adjustable dumbbells)
- Calories Burned: 126-248
About this routine: This is a fat blasting HIIT and lower body strength blend that's great for toning the thighs, lifting the butt, and improving the overall shape and tone of the lower body. After a quick cardio warm up, we move right into a HIIT cardio and strength training routine for the lower body. The HIIT portion uses intervals of 20 seconds on, 10 seconds off, four times through. As soon as we wrap up that intense cardio interval, we move directly into one round of a strength training exercise for the butt and thighs (of varying reps). To get the most out of each short strength exercise, it’s very important to lift as heavily as you can while still maintaining clean form.
(Cardio Warm Up)
- HIIT: Kick Up + Lunge
- Strength: 8 Deadlifts - Kelli is lifting 48 lbs total, Daniel is lifting 30 lbs total
- HIIT: Jump Squats
- Strength: 8 Clean & Press (alternating, on each side) - Kelli is lifting 15 lbs total, Daniel is lifting 10 lbs total
- HIIT: Ski to Sumo Squat
- Strength: 25(ish) Kettlebell Swings (yeah we lost count!) - Kelli is lifting 21 lbs total, Daniel is lifting 10 lbs total
- HIIT: Plank Jacks
- Strength: 8 Bridges - Kelli is lifting 30 lbs total, Daniel is lifting 0 lbs total
- HIIT: 2 Knee Switchfoot
- Strength: 8 Double Dip Squats - Kelli is lifting 18 lbs total, Daniel is lifting 0 lbs total
Find the rest of the program here:
- Currently on Day 1
- 5 Day Workout Challenge for Busy People: Day 2/5
- 5 Day Workout Challenge for Busy People: Day 3/5
- 5 Day Workout Challenge for Busy People: Day 4/5
- 5 Day Workout Challenge for Busy People: Day 5/5
Help us keep more great content coming to you free!
Here at Fitness Blender we try to provide as much content as we can for free because we feel that everyone should have access to accurate health and fitness information no matter what their income. So far we have been able to keep our entire library of full length workout videos free. If you would like to help us keep them free all we ask is for you to share Fitness Blender with your friends and family as the more people who use our site means the more we can continue to offer free of charge. Thank you.