- Duration: 22 Minutes
- Calorie Burn: 130-194
- Difficulty: 4/5
- Equipment: No Equipment
- Training Type: Low Impact, Strength Training, Toning
- Video Player: View on YouTube
Without a single piece of equipment, these upper body exercises are going to have your arms, upper back, and shoulders screaming. Aside from the fact that you can do this low impact upper body workout almost anywhere, we also love it because it thoroughly works your core muscles, as well.
Tips to make this workout maximally effective:
- Watch your form; if and when you get fatigued enough that your form starts to suffer, either switch to an easier version of the exercise or take a quick break until you feel able to push yourself again.
- Keep your core tight throughout the entire workout. If you want to instantly make the entire workout harder, focus on keeping your abs pulled in and contracted all the way through the routine.
- If you need this routine to be harder, make it harder; you can always work through your rest periods, add weights to these exercises or wear a weighted vest, or do a few reps of a high intensity cardio exercise through your break periods just to step up the cardiovascular challenge and calorie burn.
Warm Up Cardio - 30 Seconds Each
Side Step Arm Circles
Squatting Push Pull
Torso Rotation + Knee
Lateral Step Overhead Push Pull
Alternating Lunges + Ventral Raises
Printable Bodyweight Upper Body Workout - Max Reps in 45 Seconds, 15 Seconds Rest, 3x through
Hover Push Up
Supine Push Up
Pike Push Up
Push Up Walk Out
Cool Down & Stretch
One muscle group that gets relatively neglected during this upper body workout is the biceps - biceps are actually really difficult to target without any equipment at all. If you want to specifically work those biceps, don't hesitate to do a round of curls once you finish the rest of this routine (before you cool down & stretch). If dumbbells are still not an option, you can always do them with no weights at all using antagonistic movements (working against yourself).