60 to 102
Low Impact, Toning
My goal with this workout was to give you a well rounded butt and thigh workout with no equipment that you can do anywhere. The lower body exercises in this video are excellent for toning thighs, helping the heavy butt muscles fight back against gravity, and overall giving you a strong, capable, good looking pair of legs!
Related: Limited edition Fitness Blender "Workout Complete" tank tops, tees & hoodies, only available for 1 more week! Just like with previous campaigns; for every 500 pieces of clothing sold, we are donating $500 to charity (watch our social media platforms once the campaign ends to see what good cause your money helps fund).
You can do this as a standalone session (just add a warm up and cool down) or, this 10 minute workout also makes for a very effective burnout round on the end of a longer lower body strength training routine. The entire lower body; glutes (booty), hamstrings (back of thighs), quads (front of thighs), inner and outer thighs, and calves are all targeted throughout this routine. Some of the exercises are also great for building balance, which means your core (abs, obliques, lower back) will also be worked.
Should I train my lower body every day?
Your muscles need a chance to heal in between workouts in order to repair themselves and come back stronger; more is definitely not always better with exercise. Don't (intensively, with HIIT or strength training) train your butt and thighs every day. Aim to train the lower body 2-3 times each week (exact frequency will depend on personal fitness level, muscle soreness, and intensity of workouts). If you would like a workout program that lays out exactly how to structure your workouts each day for best results, be sure to check out our 4 Week Butt and Thigh Program, FBbooty.
Tips & tricks for making this harder or easier
To make it easier:
- Use a more shallow range of motion until you feel strong enough to increase your depth of movement
- Take longer or more frequent rest periods to shake out your muscles and/or catch your breath
- Know that it's completely okay to move at your own pace (you do not have to move at the same speed I do)
- Focus on form more than anything else; it will help you create a strong base that you can build on as you become more fit and it will help prevent injury
To make it harder:
- Focus on form and squeeze all of your muscles with every rep; yes, this is a lower body workout, but there's no reason you can't contract your core (this will also protect you from injury), your arms, etc. Make it count!
- Hold onto weights; if you've got them, add them. If you don't have them and want to make it harder, get creative and add objects around the house for extra resistance
- Minimize or cut out the rest periods
- Make your "Active Rest" periods a HIIT exercise; burpees, high knees, and jump squats are an easy way to step up the challenge
10 Minutes; 45 seconds on, 15 seconds rest
Good for: toning, burning fat, muscle burnout, two-a-days, quick bursts of activity and/or working up to strength training
No warm up or cool down (both are highly recommended)
Printable Butt and Thigh Toning Workout
Reverse Lunge + Kick
Side Squat + Calf Raise
Ski Squat + Reverse Lift
Curtsy Lunges + Outside Raise
Inside Leg Raises
Reverse Leg Lifts
Don't forget to warm up & cool down! If you want to take out all of the guesswork & let us do the heavy lifting for you, check out our workout programs that lay out exactly which workout videos to do every day for anywhere from 2-8 weeks. Once you buy them, they're yours to repeat as you wish. Search: Fitness Blender Workout Programs
What did you think of this workout? Which other workouts will you most likely pair it with? Let me know what you think in the comments below!