R
Posted in: Workouts / Workout Programs

Review Flex + Booty round 1

So my partner for my flex and booty in November posted a review. I thought maybe I would too because a lot of people have questions about doing this combo just to give a different perspective.

I also happened to take measurements about four days into the program and then I took another set yesterday because I started a new program. My weight stayed about the same because of course Thanksgiving and I'm pretty much at goal weight anyway (2 # left) so I'm not focused as much on losing. I also did this combo before but it took me about five and a half weeks so I challenged myself a little bit by trying to actually finish it in a month.

I think the program is good to do together to challenge your endurance to work out 6 days per week and for results is a relatively short time. I was not expecting to see too many changes just in a month but there were some and they were noticeable.

it is exhausting and you will see by my calendar that I really did work out 6 days a week 2 weeks. The other two weeks I doubled up one day each week but I was very careful to make it a cardio and strength workout rather than two strength workouts on the days that I did double up. Otherwise I would not advise doubling up on workouts. I would be prepared to show up workout for 35 to 50 minutes every single day and do not plan to double up. I do not think combining these two programs will be good for a beginner but I think it is a good challenge for someone who has a good base Fitness level but who is also aware of their limitations and need to rest between workouts.

I'm a leg girl at heart. I love leg day. but this program did give me a appreciation for my upper body and made me want to progress with upper-body gains.I'm thinking about repeating Flex on its own just to continue working on upper body but not until January or February.

As for the results: gained half a inch in the rib cage, an inch in the chest, and lost 3/4 of an inch in the thigh and lost half an inch on hip.