Posted in: Workouts / Workout Programs

Bored Easily Programme Review and a Little Frustration

I haven’t been entirely sure whether to post a review or not because doing this programme happened to coincide with an especially bad mood. The spectrum of my mood mostly includes anger, annoyance, and sadness. However, I felt compelled to leave some positive comments about the programme, so here they go:

Answering my question about the programme, Dotti mentioned that she had found it challenging mostly because the individual routines didn’t seem to have a structure in terms of focus on various areas of the body (upper, lower, core), leaving a relatively short time for muscles to heal.

Actually, there was a structure similar to other programmes but it was slightly more subtle. What I found a somewhat unfortunate is that HIIT routines were a bit unevenly dispersed. I didn’t really mind that because I noticed that when I do ‘bored easily’ routines I tend to push myself harder. Since there are no repetitions (there are but in a slightly different way) my body is tricked into not saving energy for the next exercise which is usually a repetition. So these routines are definitely more effective for someone who gets bored easily. Also, if you tend to push yourself harder, the programme can be more challenging than you would expect it to be. I hardly ever felt like doing the extra credit challenge because the main routine was enough. (Although truth be told it’s partly because I often felt dejected and anxious – nothing to do with the programme.) So all in all, I recommend Bored Easily to people who are not fans repetitions but would like to try a challenging and effective programme.

I really don’t want to whine about things that shouldn’t matter, especially when the main reason why I started working out was to get fitter and stronger, but I secretly hoped that the way I see myself would change a little. I’m the same stick person with an unattractive head. Compared to what my body looked like about 5 years ago, I’m sure it’s different but I hoped that I could refute my brother’s – an avid gym-goer - argument that after a certain level it’s impossible to develop any further if you only work out at home without a huge assortment of equipment. When I point out that interestingly enough other people manage to do that he dismisses it by saying that they might have photoshopped their pictures, which is REALLY annoying because I know that no blender would ever do that. It’s frustrating because unlike my brother, I can’t afford to go to the gym so I’m really grateful for Kelli&Daniel and their whole team for creating a continuously improving website for people who don’t have the means or time to regularly visit a gym. I refuse to give up working out at home and spend money and time I don’t even have just to have slightly more defined biceps or abs. I’ll be a strong and fit stick person then. There!

Sorry for the short story I’ve written, hopefully at least the first part will be useful for blenders thinking about buying Bored Easily. I have been doing programmes since April and now will have a little break (from programmes not working out!) and then I’ll look around and see which one I want to do next. Thank you for reading my post.