Posted in: Workouts / Workout Programs

FB Bodyweight Round 2 "Review" + few more words of encouragement

"REVIEW"

Normally I do not write reviews on FB programmes but since there are a lot of questions considering this specific one, I have decided to put my heart and mind “on paper” and write a few words about this program. Being a strength training junkie I was quite unsure whether to buy or not to buy this bodyweight program but certain circumstances in my life (such as moving) made me buy it. In all honesty, at first, I was a bit sceptical because, even though I know it’s not true at all, somewhere deep down my brain I had this voice telling me that bodyweight workouts are nowhere near as effective as traditional strength training ones and that I won’t gain anything by doing just them. Oh boy, how I was wrong! Some days I was even sorer than I normally would be after a good strength training portion. Why is that? Simply because I "shocked" my body with completely different exercises – lots of HIIT and wide range of bodyweight movements I had not been doing that often before.

FB Bodyweight is a 4weeks long program that targets every part of your body. Usually, there are 3 HIIT workouts, 2 upper body workouts (kick-box was included only 2-3x if I’m not mistaken) and 1 core workout during the week. This program, as the official description says, “provides a detailed, day-by-day plan of our workout videos to quickly and safely change your body and your health” which was absolutely correct. Even though I consider myself as an “advanced exerciser”, this program “kicked my butt” on a whole new level. What have I gained from it? STRENGTH and developed body awareness. I’m able to control my body even more than before, I can do more full pushups, my core became ridiculously stronger and my cardiovascular endurance improved shockingly (seriously, star jumps and jumping lunges have never been “easier” than now for me). Have I noticed any differences in my body shape? Definitely – my arms and abs are more toned but most importantly I feel so much stronger and so much healthier which is far more important!

This program is perfect for anyone, honestly – ANYONE. Whether you want to give yourself a “break” from heavy lifting or you consider buying it because you have no equipment at home and are still hesitating I hope this “review” of mine will somehow help you make your mind. I will definitely go back to FB Bodyweight again.

FEW FINAL WORDS

I know this has nothing to do with the review but I just wanted to say a few more words. Seeing myself not only becoming fitter/ healthier every single day, but also growing mentally as a person, made me realize one thing. Accepting yourself with every flaw of yours takes time and courage but let me remind you one thing – it’s your life, your body and you owe nobody nothing. If people say negative things about you, it’s them missing out. People like to talk smack about others but that only shows how weak and mentally “ill” they are. Be who you are, grow, change what can be changed and what YOU want to change, love yourself and do what makes you happy and accomplished = ultimate key to happy life.

Good luck on your journey (not only the fitness one), my fellow blenders, stay awesome ♥.

Edited