Posted in: Workouts / Workout Programs

Best type of workouts to protect & strengthen your back?

Morning everyone. :)

I am new to FB but loving it all so far. I have a quick question I hope that maybe some of you who are more experienced/knowledgeable can suggest some answers to.

I am currently in training to become a veterinary nurse (veterinary technician for those of you in the US), which is a job I hugely look forward to doing, but one notorious for leading to potentially serious back pain & problems as you get older and the longer you do it for. I have been warned that most in the role do end up with back problems and that I should do all that I can to protect and strengthen my body against that, so I've decided to ask you all if you have any thoughts on the possible exercise aspect of doing just that. Which kinds of workouts would you say could be helpful in strengthening your back and all the muscles and areas involved in lifting heavy animals and withstanding strain? Any thoughts are appreciated even if you're not 100% sure, but if anyone can link/refer me to scientific information on this then I would be extra grateful!

~Nieve :)