Living with a rare disease

Hi there! I'm new to the FB Community, but not the videos! I actually used the FB videos intermittently when I began to take interest in my personal fitness for the first time in my life in 2015. I went low/no carb, became a gym rat, used FB mostly for warms ups and stretches, and finally reached my goal fitness level in early 2016. But things went south and I found myself in the hospital twice in the next two years due to a mysterious illness. After lots of work, I found out I have a very rare genetic disease called Acute Intermittent Porphyria. Most people don't ever have symptoms, but it's been found that young women often discover they have it when they go low/no carb. In fact, people with AIP are encouraged to eat 60% carbs in daily consumption to prevent potentially deadly attacks. Add full body pain, severe brain fog, confusion, depression, and fatigue and it's very hard to find the strength to workout.

In less than a year since my last hospital stay, I lost almost all the progress I had made. I was in a deep depression, fighting against my AIP symptoms and my old eating disorder. I couldn't avoid carbs again to lose weight, in fact I had to eat lots of carbs or risk finding myself in the hospital again. But I also often did not have the energy to work out, Due to medical bills, I could't afford a gym membership, let alone a personal trainer. I was at my wit's end when I remembered Fitness Blender and how much I loved the videos. I found and started FB30 and I am already feeling so much better. When I am fighting brain fog I don't have to focus on anything but the timer. Kelli often shares easier versions of exercises so that I can still do them, even in extreme pain (I don't hurt myself, it's neurological). And even though I am so out of shape, I know that even just trying is a good start. Kelli and Daniel make me feel better when they're honest about how tired they feel or of they have pain after a workout. They're real and positive, and that is more encouraging than any "perfect" trainer. I might not ever get back to where I was, but I don't feel bad about it anymore.

I'm choosing to live better and Fitness Blender is helping make it possible.