Posted in: Workouts / Workout Programs

Help choosing a program

So I just finished week 3 of the low-impact program, and I'm already thinking about which one to choose next.

I enjoy kickboxing and strength training the most, and I really like workouts that have a bit of HIIT/cardio mixed in but with the primary focus on strength. Also all-strength workouts with supersets, because those feel like cardio at the same time. What I don't like at all are pilates and long all-HIIT workouts. The low-impact program has been quite nicely put together in my opinion and I've liked almost every workout so far, so something similar would be nice.

I've been thinking about starting FB Strong or Burn, but I'm a bit worried that they're too difficult for me at this point... I can do some of the higher-impact moves (high knees, jumping jacks, jump squats), but things like burpees and star jumps feel pretty much impossible. I'd like to improve both my strength and cardiovascular endurance, though if I have to choose then the primary focus on strength. I'm also trying to lose weight (I'm about 15 kg / 33 pounds overweight), but I try to think of that as a secondary goal and just focus on doing exercise I enjoy.

So, can anyone give any advice on what to choose? I guess basically I would like something a bit more difficult than the low-impact program but not too difficult, and at least 50% strength training. And minimal or zero pilates :P