FB Bodyweight two week check-in

Day 11 on the schedule yesterday, two very short workouts you see in the pic, one of them “for beginners”. Before starting I presumptuously thought I would need to add something. Today I had trouble getting the dishes out of the dishwasher! :D Lesson learned – never EVER underestimate Daniel’s 10min workouts.

This particular gem https://www.fitnessblender.com/videos/killer-at-home-chest-workout-chest-workout-without-weights consist “only” of five variations of push-ups and that’s it! And the rest periods are as long as the sets mind you (30sec). By the fourth variation I couldn’t lift myself off the floor not even once, not even in the easier modificaton from the knees so I continued with wall push-ups. And by the time I got to the second video - https://www.fitnessblender.com/videos/home-upper-body-workout-without-weights-bodyweight-workout-for-beginners - my arms were shaking so much I couldn’t hold them in the position you see in the thumbnail. Nor in the following ones (well, just barely and with breaks). I am humbled. A video “for beginners” and my muscles screaming. I would love to repeat the Kelli’s workout some other time but without arms being already shaky and killed by Daniel, to judge it on its own.

This is also my general impression of the program so far – So. Many. PushUps! By Day11 it already had two killer videos of pushups only. Definitely something I would never pick myself and that’s what I love about the programs. FB Bodyweight is surprisingly challenging to me so far. I did expect a lot of cardio and HIIT, I think I expected more pilates and kickboxing (not saying that there isn’t any, just that I expected more) but the most surprising thing to me is how hard bodyweight upper body strength training can be (and painful for the wrists, unfortunately). Another thing I’m discovering lately is how hard the shortest workouts can be (our Community Challenge had something to do with that “discovery” too). All in all, I’m outside my comfort zone, moaning and groaning while at it, but thankful for the challenge and feeling accomplished when it’s over.

Btw, anyone else doing Bodyweight right now? How are you doing? What day are you on? I would love to “compare notes” :) Day 10 was a special kind of killer too (HIIT, HIIT and then some, star jumps, jumping lunges, kick throughs, star jumps again, jumping lunges again, thigh slaps! And two 2-min plank burnout rounds! Eek!)

As for the arm pic, don’t judge me :) I needed some reassurance that even though I can’t complete 5 30sec sets of pushups yet, I’m getting somewhere. In almost 4 decades that I’ve inhabited this body I never had such definition and it makes me happy to see it! It motivates me to keep on push(up)ing.

Day 12 has this in store for today https://www.fitnessblender.com/videos/hiit-cardio-abs-and-yoga-workout-fun-mashup-with-beginner-intermediate-and-advanced-options “Cardio and abs” sound ok but seeing the plank position in the thumbnail makes me doubt I’ll be able to hold it today :D We’ll see. After that, an optional recovery day and week 2 is complete. Woohoo!

Have a great day everyone and I apologize for the long post ;)

Edited