Daily Check-in: Fitness Friday, August 31st

Hello Blenders!

Can you believe it's the last day of August already?! Wasn't it just July yesterday?

So, how are you all doing on this lovely Friday? Are you working out today, or are you resting?

I'm getting my #WorkoutCompleteForK&D and #5DayChallengeComplete with this lower workout today--Day 5 of the Strong & Lean Challenge:

https://www.fitnessblender.com/videos/fitness-blenders-5-day-challenge-strong-and-lean-day-5

I wanna give a huge thank you to koppakabana for hosting this challenge! This week has been really fun, and kinda difficult, for me! So thank you koppakabana for the idea, and for making this challenge happen!

And here's the check-in for Day 4 if you want to go take a peek at that too:

https://www.fitnessblender.com/community/discussion/8176/5-day-challenge-over-the-hump-day-4

Ok Blenders onto this Fitness Friday's question! We're gonna talk about nutrition today!

So, what I'm wondering is, what is the best piece of nutritional advice that you've gotten? Like the one thing that really "clicked" with you on how to eat well in order to feel well?

For me, it was in one of FB's videos (I cannot for the life of me remember which one it was though), and Daniel said something along the lines of thinking about how the human body has evolved; and how people before modern times lived. They ate whatever they could catch, kill, forage, or grow. So that's what our bodies have adapted to, to be able to get the most out of nutritionally.

It's that simple.

I know that it can be confusing with new "food fads" and new "scientific research" that one day a food is good for you, and the next it's bad. So simplifying it to the point of: Look, food is simple. "Healthy food" is what your ancestors hunted and foraged for. What is grown out of the Earth. That's it. This was really eye-opening for me.

So that little random blurb in one of Fitness Blender's videos really changed my view on eating. Not everything fat-free, sugar-free, low calorie as being "healthy", but rather food that our bodies can actually process to get the most nutrition out of, and to allow our bodies to run at optimal levels.

So Blenders, what's the one thing that kind of opened your eyes to "eating real food"? I say this lightly because "real food" looks quite different all over the world, and it's all good. The idea is to avoid most things that we get little nutritional value out of (i.e. what most people would call "junk food"). That doesn't mean cut them out entirely (caz if I want a bag of Doritos, I'm gonna have 'em), but it means lessening how often you eat them; so more often than not, your body is getting good nutrition, with an occasional treat. It's about eating food to feel well.

If any of that rambling makes sense lol.

So my question is: what's the best nutritional advice that you've ever gotten, or that maybe you'd like to tell someone who feels overwhelmed with all the "information" about eating well that's out there?

I look forward to hearing your responses!

Ok Blenders, one more thing. Hubby and I are taking a spontaneous vaca for the three-day weekend. So Daily Check-ins won't be occurring on Saturday, Sunday, or Monday. I will be back on Tuesday to continue as normal, if you guys would like. And if someone wants to carry on with them while I'm gone, I think that'd be great! I have no doubt that any one of you could do a MUCH better job at this than me!

I'll still be around until this evening, so I look forward to reading all of your responses to today's Fitness Friday question!

And I hope you all have a wonderful day today--and an even better weekend! Thanks so much for checking in with me! And thanks for being such an awesome group of people, whom I love talking with every day! I'll miss you guys! But I'll talk to you all again on Tuesday! Have a great weekend Blender Friends!