E
Posted in: Workouts / Workout Programs

Switching days in a workout program?

Hey everyone!

Not sure if anyone else tends to do this, but recently I've found myself switching certain days of workout programs to better suit how I'll be feeling on a particular day. If I know I have a long day at school or work and won't have the energy to complete a HIIT-heavy day afterwards, I'll often look ahead at the other workouts for the week to see if I can switch that day for something that looks a little more low impact. For instance, today's workout is a HIIT and abs workout (FB Abs day 17) that I was hoping to switch out for the leg-heavy workout that's scheduled for Saturday. My main reason for doing this is because I honestly dread lower body workouts and just want to get it over with so I don't have to do it this weekend, but I'm not sure if switching days is a good idea? I've done it a few times before, but I don't want to continue if it would be detrimental to my progress. I do want to note that I don't switch days in a way that would require me to workout the same muscle groups two days in a row.

Do you think this is a bad idea or would you say it's fine to do every once and a while? I don't want (or plan) to make it a habit, but sometimes I feel like it's necessary. Thanks in advance!