Daily Check-in: Friday, August 24th

This is totally my body type lol.

Happy Fitness Friday, Blenders!

How are you all doing today?

It's finally Friday! Which means: it's the start of our FB Taco Party! Yay!

All you gotta do to join in is to make your favorite taco recipe, snap a pic, and create a post with the title of "FB Taco Party", and it'll be like we're all fiesta-ing together! The party lasts until Sunday (August 26th), so I hope you can all join in! I'm looking forward to seeing everyone's pics/recipes!

If you need a little inspiration, here's a taco recipe directly from Fitness Blender! How cool is that?

https://www.fitnessblender.com/articles/fresh-and-easy-salmon-tacos-with-guacamole-broccoli-slaw

Ok, now onto today's Fitness Friday question! This is a topic we've covered many times, but it's interesting to find out new things about yourself as you go along your fitness journey. So my question is: what's the most surprising thing you've discovered, or improved upon, since you've started working out/being more focused on health and wellness? So we expect things like strength, stamina, endurance, speed, cardiovascular ability to all improve--but what's something else unexpected that you've noticed since you've started working out?

For me, it's sort of strange.

So, I've had several bad head injuries in my life. They've resulted in speech difficulties, short term memory difficulties, and a constant tremor in my left hand. That combo can make some things very difficult. But what I've noticed for myself, is that keeping up on workouts helps to lessen those symptoms. I'm not sure if it's the increase in cardiovascular ability (which I'd like to think helps get my brain the much needed blood it requires to attempt thought processes every day), or if it's focusing on things like dexterity and body awareness during the different movements that've helped the most. Either way, I've noticed a slight improvement in these areas when I workout. So that's a bonus to me, because I can definitely use all the help I can get.

And another benefit to working out? Posture improvements! I've "grown" an inch since starting Fitness Blender workouts many, many years ago! How cool is that?! Haha

So I'm wondering what's the most unexpected benefit that you've gained since you started working out?

And what about for today, Blenders? Are you working out today, or are you resting?

My #WorkoutCompleteForK&D today is kickboxing! Yes!! Abs Rd2 is even more awesome because it has kickboxing in it!

Well guys, if you're making tacos today, I hope you enjoy them! I hope you all have a fantastic Friday, and thanks for checking in with me!