- Meal Type: Lunch, Dinner
- Dietary Type: Omnivore
There are many ways to make soft tacos but this recipe is one of our favorites for a delicious protein and veggie packed fresh taco.
Salmon and guacamole? What’s not to like about that? Combined with some colorful and crunchy broccoli slaw, this makes a fresh and easy lunch option to bring in to work or prepare for a picnic.
Here we have combined all kinds of good fats to keep your energy up throughout the day. Salmon and avocado both help turn this into a filling meal - though we recommend eating this with a side of beans or fresh fruit for some extra carbohydrate and fiber.
What’s cool about this recipes is the broccoli slaw add-on. Sure, you can buy it ready-made but it is really easy to make at home and will definitely save you some money. Here we present you with a painless way to prepare it at home. You can make a big batch and store it in your fridge so that you have some fresh veggies throughout the whole week. You need just a food processor! We like to use the grater blade but you can definitely just chop it into small chunks with a regular knife.
These delicious tacos are an awesome picnic food that are quick and easy to prepare. It is also a wonderful and filling breakfast if you have a long and strenuous day ahead. Just give it a try and your body will thank you with all the energy it bursts with!
Need help planning some healthy meals? Check out the FB 4 Week Meal Plan - Eat Real Food & Feel Great, written by certified dietitians.
Type: Lunch, Dinner
Prep time: 15 min
Cook time: 15 min
Serves: 2-4 portions
4 soft tortillas (ideally, look for ones with the most simple, least processed ingredients)
2 salmon fillets
1 broccoli stem
½ cup red cabbage
5 cherry tomatoes
1 clove garlic
2 springs fresh cilantro
juice of ½ lime
1 cup mixed leafy greens
1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
1 tbsp olive oil
1. Place the salmon filets on a baking tray lined with parchment paper.
2. Season with salt and pepper and roast for 7-8 minutes at 160˚C.
3. To make the broccoli slaw; rinse the vegetables and cut out the florets from the broccoli.
4. In a food processor with a grater tool roughly chop the cabbage, carrot and broccoli stem.
5. Transfer the grated veggies in a bowl. Season with vinegar and olive oil and stir to combine.
6. To make the guacamole, cut the avocado into small pieces and put it in a bowl.
7. Slightly press with a fork to make a rough puree; don’t mind if there are still some small chunks.
8. Add finely chopped cherry tomatoes, garlic clove and cilantro leaves.
9. Season with salt and pepper and squeeze the juice of ½ lime. Stir everything well to combine and season.
10. To assemble take a tortilla and place 2 tablespoon of guacamole at the bottom.
10. Spread some of the broccoli slaw.
11. Add some chunks of the salmon and finish with some greens.
12. Roll into a tortilla and enjoy.
Note: You can prep these in advance and store them for up to 3 days in an airtight container in the fridge