Posted in: Workouts / Workout Programs

FB Abs 2 review by a happy blender

Let me first just say that I totally loved this program! (as if it won’t be obvious from the rest of the post, lol) … but I mean, if we are not just talking about “results”, I enjoyed it regardless of what it would or would not deliver. It feels well rounded and no area of the body is neglected. Neither is any training type – there is HIIT, strength (with and without weights), kickboxing, cardio, some pilates (I think, or pilates-inspired), your balance and coordination will be challenged too, you’ll get to sweat A LOT (but then again, it’s summer, which might have something to do with it :P) and you will be pampered by relaxing stretching routines. Perfect!

This is only my second program so I can’t compare it to other programs, but what I can is compare it to when I was making my own schedule – for me, at the time (of sort of losing interest or the drive) switching to programs was the best idea! It steered me away from my usual favorites and toward those I tended to avoid. And letting go of the reins was such a relief! It took away all the guesswork, provided interesting new challenges and convinced me how much I can like any workout if I just give it a chance. Sometimes we know what we want (I used to be booty-focused) but it isn’t always what we need ;) I realized my back was weak and that that’s more important than how the butt looks.

And now to the results! I wanted to be “scientific” about it so I divided them into three categories:

What I expected to change and it did:

- Improved PFT plank time (1min45sec --> 2min16sec)

- Improved PFT push ups (2 full, 12 half --> 5 full, 14 half)

- Visibly better definition of core (abs of steel! Lol, not yet, but from certain angles and in certain lighting they look cool, and also some tiny little “bumps” started appearing in places I never knew were supposed to be muscles, in the back)

- Better performance of core exercises (most notably side hip raises woohooo)

- Improved endurance (difficult HIIT routines became a bit easier)

- Less back pain in everyday life

What came as a surprise (maybe it shouldn’t have been but what do I know):

- Improved PFT flexibility (sit and reach +13cm --> +17cm)

- Visibly better definition in arms and shoulders

- Thighs narrower by 1cm

- Waist narrower by 3cm

- Slight weight loss (I’m not aiming for weight loss and this is within the range of my normal fluctuations, but I’m mentioning it for those who are aiming for weight loss, I think the program would be good for that too)

- People commenting I look younger and healthy! :))

- I think I can also mention as a surprise, starting to like kickboxing

What didn’t happen:

- I was hoping to see better posture in my “after” picture, but I don’t. It’s something I have to continue working on, but I do feel that my core has strengthened and that I’m engaging it more easily. Actually, I don’t notice ANY changes in the pictures, not even those I without a doubt see in the mirror (definition) so I’m choosing not to rely on the pics. If I FEEL like I’m standing more straight, there must be some truth in it, right?

So there, I needn’t mention that I will definitely come back to this program in the future. But not straight away – another result – it made me totally excited to see what joys other programs will bring me! :)

I think my username should be LongPostAlert … If you stayed with me so far, thanks for reading and have a nice day!