Posted in: Workouts / Workout Programs

FBBlend Check-in

I'm on what should be Day 4 of my first week of FBBlend. It's upper body and core. But I just did upper body 2 days ago and my arms are even more sore today than they were yesterday; so, I rescheduled the program and am opting for some low impact cardio and stretching instead.

It's been nice following a workout program because some of these workouts are ones I would never click on myself (I've been avoiding any HIIT like the plague and I discovered I have this subconscious aversion to Daniel-only videos because I think they're harder, lol!). I've pushed myself a little more and it feels good to see that I can.

My eating has been a little here and there with the fast food cravings hitting hard, but I think I'm keeping all things in moderation. I also struggled a bit again with body image - I have a bad habit of comparing myself to other people and then feeling bad that I don't look like that and maybe I should look like that and not be happy with where I am (I lost 130 pounds and struggle between feeling like I have done an amazing job and can be proud, and that I also haven't done enough yet). But I caught myself early in those thoughts and didn't let it spiral out of control. Overall, though, my body image has improved significantly since I started working out, even though my body hasn't changed all that much. I don't feel guilt over food anymore, and still not feeling like I want to binge even when I indulge in "bad" foods, which is a huge step for me.

I'm realizing being healthy both physically and mentally is something I'm going to just have to wake up every morning telling myself is worth it. It's something I'll have to fight for on the days I don't want to. Because it is worth it, and I deserve to feel healthy and strong. We all do. But dang, some days it's hard.

Whew, that was a lot longer than I planned on, sorry y'all! Lol.