Posted in: Workouts / Workout Programs

One side far more flexible than the other

Hi Everyone

Been doing FB programs for over a month now and love it but I have a question about flexibility and need some advice.

I find one side of my hip is far more flexible than the other and noticeably so. If I do the cross leg stretch (The one on your back with, one leg over the other knee and pull from behind the knee), one leg will go down much further than the other.

Same if I sit down, If I sit with one leg over my other knee, if I cross with my left leg over top my leg is flat. But if I cross my right leg over my left its only about half the distance to being flat as the other.

When doing this I can feel a pull in my right hip socket, it doesn't feel like a muscle stretch like normal it feels more like the socket itself.

Has anyone experienced this and could you solve it over time by doing flexibility training or is this just something I am stuck with and not much I can do?

Side note: I do see a chiro and he has said I am misaligned but adjustments don't really seem to fix it. He too said working out will help it but is there more i could be doing at my desk, or couch or really anything.

I also have a bad habit of leaning to one side when standing straight so i am trying to fix that too as i am sure thats a cause.