Posted in: Workouts / Workout Programs

which combo to try? (apologies for overly long post)

Hi fellow FBers! Today I’m doing my PFT after completing FB30 round 2 (yay!!). Then I’m ready to tackle something new. I have been thinking about doing a combo of programs for a while now, and so I picked up Flex, Booty 2, and Abs 2. Now I’m trying to figure out where to begin. I know for sure I want to do Flex, since I’m keen to build my upper body strength. But I don’t know whether to combine it with Booty or Abs. My intention is to work through all three possible combinations over time, but which one should I start with?

A bit of context: I consider myself a novice (albeit enthusiastic) FBer. I’ve only done FB Low Impact and the FB30 rd 2, but I enjoyed them both. In addition to my FB workouts, I’ve been running with a friend for a few months as well. We run 5-6ks twice per week, and Are gradually increasing our mileage on our third run because we are training for a couple of 10k races (for fun, not to be competitive).

I turn 50 in October 2019 and I really want to enter my next decade as fit as I can be (perimenopause be damned!). I was encouraged by the changes I’ve seen in my physique so far but I have a way to go. I am 5’3” and probably weigh around 155-156 pounds. I want to lose about 10-20 pounds, and I’m currently psyching myself up to make some dietary changes.

Thanks in advance for your advice - I am grateful for, and inspired by, this community.