Trying to View My Body Positively

Hi Blenders,

I thought I'd share a few nice photos from my long weekend in Ireland this past weekend - above are photos from the Carrick-a-Rede rope bridge and the Giant's Causeway. It was spectacular and beautiful. :)

I have a struggle to share, hopefully some support from the blender family will help me persevere. My husband and I are going to Greece in a few weeks and I pulled out my summer outfits so I could start figuring out what I could wear/what doesn't fit anymore.

Last year when I put on these shorts I had been dieting for about a year and focusing heavily on cardio workouts, counting calories, etc. I was in a terrible place of mind. For my own sanity I don't know how much I weigh now, but I do know I was the skinniest I had ever been last year. When I wore these shorts last year, they barely fit. I could take some off without even unbuttoning them. So this year, I was expecting to need to buy all new shorts for the trip to Greece. However I tried on these shorts and they fit pretty snug...almost too small now!

I've always had bigger thighs/backside and I know with my cycling and consistent strength training that I was bound to gain weight. I guess it's just a bit of a struggle to consider something like weight gain/bigger thighs as an improvement. I struggle deeply with liking my lower body, so this has put me back a couple steps. I don't want to change my workouts or eat differently, but I'm still having trouble accepting this body change. I'm trying to look at myself with a positive lens although it's not always easy.

Any advice/tips or encouragements? Anyone else struggle with the same issue?