Posted in: Workouts / Workout Programs

Week 3 of FB Burn

When I started FB Burn, I wasn’t really sure what I wanted to get out of the program. I told myself that all I wanted was to become more physically healthy and strong, but I didn’t believe myself.

I’ve struggled with an eating disorder for a lot of my life. I’m doing much better now, but my negative body image thoughts and my obsession over how big my stomach is still has not gone away.

After completing FB Burn, I didn’t really feel like much of a difference had been made. So, I took a deep breath and resurfaced the dreaded ‘before’ pictures. I snapped some ones of me now, and compared the two. What I found was really encouraging!

Before anyone gets really upset, spiteful, and negative—I know objectively that I am not fat. But, having an eating disorder really distorts the way you see your body. I work on understanding what I really look like everyday, and today is one of those days where I’m seeing myself for what I truly am.

I just wanted to share my before and after pictures to show people with eating disorders that it is possible to look at yourself in a different light, and that exercising (moderately!) and eating whenever you feel hungry can really help your body look and feel its best.

I also wanted to share this with anyone considering doing FB Burn because hopefully it shows that gains—no matter how big or small—are definitely achievable with this plan.

One last thing: on this plan, I began to stop thinking as much about how I looked and more about how I felt, which is a huge step for me. I’d just like to thank Fitness Blender for all the amazing support and effective videos they produce for us every week. I’ve worked out with many different online “trainers,” but Kelli and Daniel are by far the best.