A

How Big of A Difference Does It Really Make?

Hi all!

I am new to working out mostly. I started using Fitness Blender's 8 Week Fat Loss Program to Lose Weight and Tone Up Fast last year, but got busy with school after a month and had to drop it. This year I am determined not to let life get too busy for my health. I made an account on here so I can put my workouts in the calendar and hold myself accountable. I'm feeling very excited overall, but one question keeps creeping up on me.

Kelli and Daniel always remind us to keep our muscles contracted, especially our cores. I try my best to have good form, but I once read about how our cores get shaped in the way we keep them during training. I read this post one time unrelated to FB that freaked me out. I think the post referred to it as "triangle belly" or something like that. I find myself constantly aware of this while working out and panic that I'm not pulling my stomach in far enough, even though most of the time I can't bring it in any further anyway. My stomach has always been my biggest problem area, so I just want to know what anyone's thoughts are about this. Most of the time I try to contract my abs enough to where they feel like they do when I'm laughing, but other times I panic that that's not enough so I suck it in all the way (which I know is bad because it restricts breathing). I just really want to get rid of my tummy flab. I know spot training is impossible but I know contracting the abs has to help at least a little and I want to make sure that I'm doing it right--or at least that if I am doing it wrong that it's not going to make my stomach puff out worse.

Maybe I'm being irrational but I admit I've had a lot of body image issues in the past. Does anyone have any tips for abs, form, etc. that could enlighten me?