Posted in: Workouts / Workout Programs

50% done! Let's talk FB Fit R4

"Most Challenging Program Yet?"... Hmmm, YES!! 🤪

Hey FB Family, how's everyone doing? I'm halfway throught FB Fit R4 and decided to talk about it a little :)

Firstly, I've done all of the previous "Fit" (more than once! these programs are my favorites) and I can confirm this is the most challenging and I'm not even on level 5 workouts yet 🥵

I've been doing the majority of workouts with a strenght focus so I aim for 6-8 reps, lifting as much as I can during each intergoal (week 2 was perfect for this). Very similar to "5-Day Challenge Trainer Series: Stronger with Brian" - a favorite of mine that completely changed how I workout at home.

When I completed that challenge + "Level up with Tasha" back to back I came to the conclusion I wasn't lifting as heavy as I can. Ever since I changed that, I've been upping my weights and I can tell a huge difference! 💪

With that said, I assume that doing this program like this can make it harder, but I love it! Week 1 was very smooth, it really wasn't very hard, but there's always ways to increase the difficulty, something I did on some days. If you choose to follow the difficulty level, it's an amazing first week to get you ready for week 2, much more challenging!

This time around I'm not doing the active recovery workouts, I do the "Poor Man Massage" aka "16-Minute Full Body Foam Rolling" with Brian and I take a full complete rest day to recover - and this is what told me this program is more challenging. I usually can do the recovery workouts, this time around I was like "I don't think I can even do a 20 sec plank 😅" (I'm not complaining, this is what I came for ahah)

In the meantime, I've decided to take a break this week and instead of going for week 3, I will do "5 Day Challenge Trainer Series: Barre Basics with Erica", as I'm about to get my menstuation and my energy is nowhere to be seen 🥲

I also have 4 weeks of high intensity workouts/walks back to back so I kind of feel the need to decompress and give my muscles some time to recover and rest before the final two weeks.

I will continue to lift heavy with low reps, let's see how that works next week. Week 3 starts with a level 5 workout with Erica so I'm also preparing my mind for that - it will probably "hurt" 😂

If you haven't done any Fit Program before, I suggest you try them. Very challenging but they also show you how and what you can/need to improve as they have very comprehensive workouts.

Now, let me know how your Fit R4 is going! Is week 3 as scary as I think? 😂

Have a great week and don't forget to listen to your body, it will always tell you what you need and I've learned the hard way that if we don't stop, it will stop for us, so... take breaks when you need, that is also progress! 🤍