Daily Check-in: Thursday, December 21st

Hi Blenderz!

Guess what?

It's the first day of winter; Speaking from a Northern Hemisphere perspective of course. Our South Hemi friends are treated to the longest day whereas the Winter Solstice is defined by having the longest night of the year--which also means it's Yalda Night. Happy Yalda, Shabnam!

And to all, happy celebrating whatever you celebrate!

Anyway, Blenderz, how goes your Friday Eve?

Let's just get right on with the (g)hosting schedule to seek what delicious guest hosts we have coming up:

December 23rd through 26th: Inge

December 27th & 28th: Shab

December 29th through 31st: Karen

January 6th & 7th 2024: ????

As always, if you ever would like to guest host a check-in, just let me or Kim know and we will have you up here. That said, who wants to be the first weekend ghost of the new year?

Now on to workouts. Something to nothing, let's hear it. I did some swapping on the schedule today and came out with this Kayla combo: https://www.fitnessblender.com/videos/unconventional-upper-body-extended-warm-up

https://www.fitnessblender.com/videos/upper-body-pure-strength-supersets-with-power-training-finisher

^That power training finisher was something else. Spicy for sure.

But anyway, what are my buddiez and Blendiez choosing? Good luck whatever you decide.

Photo today is actually going to make this #ThrowbackThursday with some parasitic leafy mistletoe (quite common in Florida) that I had discovered on the ground maybe 2 or 3 years ago. How I even remembered I had this photo is a Christmas miracle in and of itself.

Normally these evergreen nutriet stealing plants hang out in round clumps on weak deciduous trees, hence making them real easy to spot. Why this one is on the ground is anyone's guess. Maybe or more than likely, the wind knocked it out and it drifted in like a tumbleweed.

Mistletoe actually has white berries, not red as it can get confused with holly which has the red berries. The white-ish berries are also poisonous, so as to why this would even be fun to kiss under is also anyone's guess.

Okay, I have some last minute shopping to do, and there is not enough coffee for that. So I guess I better get on outta here. Thanks for reading and checking in with me today. I hope your day isn't too chaotic.

***Note: These Daily Check-in posts are open to anyone and everyone who wishes to participate! All are welcome here! These check-ins are a way to stay motivated, accountable, and be supported as we all try to be our healthiest selves. Feel free to pop in and say 'hi' anytime, and post as much or as little as you wish! No prerequisites here! Feel free to add photos if you want as well! Whether you need advice about working out/eating well/life in general, just want to comment, or maybe need support during a hardship--we're here for you! So: Welcome to the FB Family, and to the Daily Check-ins! We appreciate you being here!***

Edited