Posted in: Workouts / Workout Programs

New 5 Day Challenge Trainer Series: Essentials with Erica

Hey Fitness Blenders! 

I've designed a beginner-friendly 5 day challenge focused on total body strength training with small doses of low-impact cardio. While creating this challenge, "essentials" to me meant approachable, foundational, and beginner-friendly. Whether you consider yourself a beginner, you're coming back from a break, or you're feeling in need of getting back to the fundamentals, this challenge holds great value for many exercisers. 

5 Day Challenge Trainer Series: Essentials with Erica

If you plan to jump into the challenge this week, note that this is your place to share your thoughts and progress with the Community as you make your way through the next five days of workouts. I'll be checking in on the comment thread below to answer questions and provide encouragement all week long!

The emphasis is on form, so I recommend having light to medium weights (for your fitness level) and a mat for equipment. That way, you'll have that extra headspace to take in form cues, enhance your mind-body connection, and lay a solid foundation. These workouts will build strength, muscular endurance, coordination and balance, core stability, and condition your cardiovascular system. Our most common training type is strength, with smaller amounts of low-impact cardio, balance/coordination, and mobility. All workouts are rated a level 3 in difficulty with modifications shared throughout.

If you're already fairly experienced in your strength training capabilities and would like to utilize some more advanced techniques, I recommend trying Level Up with Tasha, which was also released today and was designed to be your "next step" after you've mastered the essentials. 

That said, this challenge will help you continue to kick your new year off with a strong foundation that you can feel confident building upon! Check out the challenge homepage for more details, other than that, I look forward to working out with you and hearing from you in the comments!

xxErica