Posted in: Workouts / Workout Programs

Suggestion for Workout Frequency in Programmes

Hello, Fitnessblenders! I'm not sure if this is the place to post this, it's more of a suggestion I hope to reach the team, though I would also be interested to see what the community thinks of the suggestion and if it's something we can make a move to ask the team to put in place?

Essentially, I feel that sometimes, 5 workouts a week in the workout programme, day after day, can be taxing on the body -- especially if in recovery after an injury, illness or surgery, or even a bit of a break. I'm a plus member, and I've only found one single programme that leaves space [one or two days] between the workouts without one scheduled, which, looking at the comments on some of the recovery programmes, seems like something the community would benefit from.

But I'm also considering this with more 'standard' workouts, not just recovery. A schedule that has a programme with a frequency of 2 days on, 1 day off through the week. Such as;

1] Lower body strength

2] Upper body strength

3] -rest-

4] HIIT

5] Recovery cardio / stretch

6] optional stretch / pilates / low impact

7] -rest-

and repeat [with varying workouts and rest days, depending on the type of workout.]

or

1] HIIT

2] -rest-

3] LB strength

4] -rest/recovery-

5] UP strength

6] -rest/recovery

7] cardio kickboxing

1] -rest-

2] workout

Something like this, depending on the workouts chosen or the approach.

I suggest this, as I often find myself skipping at least one, sometimes two workouts a week, which can have an impact on my confidence and ability somewhat, or feel like I'm racing / juggling workouts too much to keep 'on track' with what I've scheduled.

Moreover, it would just be nice to have some variety in workout programme structure specifically targeting frequency of scheduled workouts in through the week.

Thoughts? & thanks for reading!

EDIT: I'm getting tonnes of comments about rescheduling. I'm aware of this option, the purpose of the post isn't to find alternative solutions to juggle the programmes we have. It's just an idea of something I'd like to see, a specific type of programme that is a lower frequency, the point being to not have to reschedule, swap, skip, etc. :)

Edited