Posted in: Workouts / New Releases

New Workout! Slow Tempo Upper Body Strength

Hey, FB Family!

It is time to mix it up with today's workout, the Slow Tempo No Repeat Upper Body Workout, a 30-minute routine focused on slow and controlled movements to build strength in our upper body with time under tension. 

Why the slow pace? It helps our muscles strengthen and is gentler on our joints, reducing the risk of getting hurt. The deliberate tempo also lets us focus on doing each move just right, and we all know that the quality of our exercises is very important if we want to see results.

This isn't the first time we've taken it slow. We've done Slow Tempo Strength for a full-body workout and Slow Tempo Lower Body to target those leg muscles. Going slow has its perks—it makes our muscles work harder and recruits a lot of strength.

Today's session will focus on the chest, back, shoulders, biceps, and triceps. Each exercise lasts 45 seconds, with a short 15-second break. The 3/2/3/1 pace adds an extra challenge. During each exercise, I will be counting to keep us on track.

Remember, when you choose your dumbbells, go for a weight that challenges you but still lets you keep good form. This way, the workout is effective and safe for all fitness levels. I will give reminders and references to the weight I use in each section to help you decide what will work best for you. Also, be sure to read the write-up. I also mentioned here what recommended weights you should use. 

So, team, let's grab those dumbbells and give it a try! 

Speaking of dumbbells: do you notice something new in my workout video? To celebrate the release of their new Pro 100 EXP model (which goes up to 100lbs!), PowerBlock sent me a special Fitness Blender branded pair. If you’ve been considering investing in a pair of PowerBlocks, check them out @ https://gofb.info/Pro100EXP. They have a 15% off sale running through Dec 4, 2023.

- Brian