Posted in: Workouts / New Releases

New Workout! Lower Body HIIT, Strength, and Cardio Circuits

Good morning FB Family!

Today’s workout release is a follow-up to the oh-so-fun Lower Body HIIT, Strength, and Cardio: With Unilateral and Combination Moves workout:

Lower Body Trifecta: HIIT, Strength, and Cardio Circuits

This routine maintains the same format as the original workout, kicking things off with a high heartrate HIIT circuit (high intensity interval training) to jumpstart your heart and lungs for the main event, the two lower body-focused strength circuits. Challenge your weight selections (if you feel ready to do so), knowing that you’ll be working for a manageable 30 seconds at a time. The workout concludes with a cardio finisher intended to drain your leg muscles of most of any of their remaining energy (but not totally destroy you).

I enjoy mixing a bit of cardio/HIIT with my strength training from time to time to see how my body responds to the added challenge of pre- and post-lifting fatigue circuits. I love noting my progress as well as how my training schedule affects my performance. This routine was a ton of fun to film and I clearly remember requiring a bigger second breakfast than usual for refueling, haha.

Have fun and let us know if the sequel stacks up to the original! Shall we try for a trilogy?

See you on the screen!

-Tasha