Posted in: Workouts / New Releases

New Workout! Quick Wrist Warm-Up to Strengthen and Mobilize

I have been receiving a lot of comments and questions about wrist sensitivity/discomfort, and how to work past this pain so that Yoga can feel more accessible. In an effort to provide you with the tools that will help you to strengthen, mobilize, and stretch your wrists, I hope that these low-impact exercises will help you experience some relief in the discomfort! 

Quick Wrist Warm-Up to Strengthen and Mobilize

More often than not, chronic discomfort or sensitivity occurs as a strength imbalance rather than as a result of a lack of flexibility. Beyond exercise, we are constantly using our wrists and utilizing the joint’s whole range of motion throughout the various activities we perform throughout the day. Without proper support for the joint, the wrist braces much of the impact from these activities and becomes overworked. This is why it is important to strengthen the joint throughout its full range of motion, and that is exactly what we will be doing today! 

In addition to a variety of stretches and mobility drills we will be exploring, the peak section of our practice will include low-impact, weighted exercises to strengthen the forearms and the wrist joint throughout its range of movement. I have noticed how much my own practice has evolved by regularly including these strength-building exercises in my movement regimen. Not only do my wrists feel stronger and more supported in everyday activities, but my wrists feel more stable in my Yoga and inversion practices; not to mention, I feel like I can spend more time on my hands and wrists without experiencing discomfort. 

I hope this short practice leaves your wrists feeling more supported and pain-free! As always, take what serves you and leave what does not; you are your best teacher. 

Let me know in the comments below if you liked this style of video and want to see more content like this; also let me know if you would be interested in a longer version of this class! 

See you on the mat!

Marina