Posted in: Workouts / New Releases

New Workout! Single-Weight Upper Body Strength Circuits

Good morning FB Family!

There’s no jumping in today’s upper body workout release — not even in the warm-up:

Single-Weight Upper Body Strength Circuits

You will use one weight at a time to complete four upper body strength circuits with three unilateral (single-limb) exercises a piece. The best part? You get to roll through three rounds of each circuit! I know some of you grumbled about that bit, but multi-set/round training is one of the best ways to ensure safely incremental, efficient progress towards improved strength and overall movement pattern proficiency (understanding and demonstrating the connectedness of all the muscles along the kinetic chain). Check out the write-up for few tips on how to approach your three rounds of training per circuit.

The last round of “fun” during the push-ups finisher is optional – I was still coming off of an energy boost from an early morning run when I filmed this workout so feel free to ignore me when I up the ante (I hope you consider joining me though!). I love unilateral/single-weight work for exposing my strength and movement discrepancies. Remember – feedback not judgment. Whatever differences between your right and left sides you uncover are information for you to consider for future training sessions.

I hope you enjoy challenging your weight selections and witnessing my oh-so-many unsuccessful head flings as I try to toss my hair out of my face.

See you on the screen!

-Tasha