Posted in: Workouts / New Releases

New Workout! Versatile Lower Body Tri Sets

Hey hey, it’s lower body day! 

Versatile Lower Body Tri Sets

I have been hearing from many of you that you've enjoyed the tri-set format in a couple of past upper body workouts, and rightfully so to bring this format and apply it to the lower body! And let me tell you that we got ourselves into a pretty steamy leg day with this one :) 

Naturally bored-easily style, we complete 16 tri-sets in total. “Tri” meaning 3; we complete 3 intervals in a row before a rest, each of them descending in time as we go. Among the 3 intervals, the first is a strength exercise, the second is more of a cardio exercise and the third is an isometric hold as we explore similar movement patterns for them. This applies to the first 11 tri-sets as we turn down the cardio for the final 5 with some pilates-inspired exercises for our glutes. If you’re feeling a little crazy like me and want to add a resistance loop to these, feel free!

As you may be able to guess, the level 5 difficulty stems from the back-to-back versatility coupled with the large muscle groups worked in the lower body. As always, modifications and adjustments are there for you! Lighten your load on the weights, move at a slower pace for the cardio (along with specific modifiers shared), or lessen your range of motion for the isometric holds. This is one of those routines that can continue challenging you in all these ways each time you do it!

When your legs are relatively fresh and looking for thorough work, this is your routine! Will I be seeing you there someday soon? :) 

xxErica